Question Unanswered: Mysterious Append Query Problem

I am a newbie so be patient

I am using Access 2002, and have created and Append Query.

This query works fine when I hit the "View" button. But when I hit the Run button (i.e. actually executing the append) the values 2 fields are now missing! (And yes the fields were populated with values during the "View")

Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations/references. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here is the code for my query:
    INSERT INTO [DBM Scorecard Summary Table] ( ei_nbr, TimePeriodID, DBM_listname, TimePeriodDesc, total_sales, SumOfcontact_count, wrapmins, LoginTimeSecs, AvgFigure, MPS, hiredate, wrappercent, TLsurname, LTV_Score, TL_code )
    SELECT [MPS Query].ei_nbr, [MPS Query].TimePeriodID, [MPS Query].DBM_listname, [MPS Query].TimePeriodDesc, [SALES: PAP and MOBI combined 20040414].total_sales, CONTACTS.SumOfcontact_count, WRAPTIME.wrapmins, [PRODUCTION HOURS: TALK AND WRAP TIME].LoginTimeSecs, [CQ: DBM Query part 3].AvgFigure, [MPS Query].MPS, [MPS Query].hiredate, [wrapmins]/[LoginTimeSecs]*100 AS wrappercent, (SELECT LAST([team_leads]![team_ldr_surname]) FROM [team_leads] WHERE [TL_code] = [team_leads]![team_ldr_cd] ) AS TLsurname, [LivingTheValues Query].LTV_Score, [MPS Query].TL_code
    FROM [PRODUCTION HOURS: TALK AND WRAP TIME], [SALES: PAP and MOBI combined 20040414], CONTACTS, WRAPTIME, [CQ: DBM Query part 3], [MPS Query], [LivingTheValues Query];

The fields with missing values are "TLsurname" and "TL_code"

Are you getting an error message when you run the query (something about access setting fields to null)?

This is usually the result of different data types or the field length of the destination table.

Hi Rogue:

No I don't get any error messages. The query just runs like everything is perfectly fine, except the resulting table has the fields I listed above, as blank, all the other data is correct.

Are your warnings turned off? Access usually generates and error message. Are you getting a message that access is going to update ### rows (or change data) when running the query?

Check the data type and size of the fields in the source and destination tables.

Cool

Hi Rogue:
    Thanks for your help.

I found a work around. It appears that ACCESS was not filling in the values for those 2 fields, because the source is a subquery within a subquery within a query. So I just planted (modified) subquery code into my append query, and the data is now getting put into my append query.