Unanswered: Where do I begin with MySQL on VB?

I am thinkging of taking on a project involving MySQL with VB. Yet, am not exactly sure where to begin learning. Some pointers would be appreciated.

Is it complex to implement MySQL?

How do i distribute my Software with MySQL?

thanks
    Not all who wander are lost, except maybe Waldo.

It's not that hard, although somewhat time consuming since I'm a SUPER-NOOB to the DB scene (and programming in general).

I've just finished converting a VB database front end from using MS Access to using MySQL. Took me quite a while (working barely half-time and pretty much figuring things out on my own), but it's done and I'm quite happy with it.

There seems to be not alot of published information on the web about how to implement MySQL within VB, alot of people don't even know how to setup MySQL on Windows.

So, I was thinking of writing a small descriptions of my efforts at getting MySQL to work with DB. Pretty much a noobed-up effort though, and the way of which I go about with the implementation would probably be deemed inefficient (MyODBC driver right here hehe!), but I guess it's a good start!

If you have any question, you can hit me up on AIM, SN: archspeed. I'm on usually around 10 pm to 2 am. We can study this stuff together and whatnot since I'm obviously not anywhere knowledgeable about this stuff =/
    Tuan M. -- Database Developer Newbie, dot NET generation
    If you want cheap-shit web hosting, check out www.websaic.com
    For all your custom test socket needs, check out Gold Technologies, Inc.
    Oh yeah, last but not least, GO BAR-Honda!

The First place I think you should start is to download the APIs for connecting to MySQL from VB .Net. They are found at http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/.

As for implementing or distributing MySQL, the source code for MySQL is available for downloading on the mysql website, but as a reminder, MySQL is under the GNU License. So if your software is free, you should be safe.
    J.D.
    Database Administrator

God! Thank you both for your input. Words couldn't express how much help a few pointer means.

I just bought a cheap AMD Barton 3000+ on Abit NF7 mobo with 3 removable HD bays on the casing, 21" Trinitron monitor... just to begin playing with MySQL. A new member to my home development lab.

archspeed thanks for the offer. I will take you up on it when the new setup is ready.
    Not all who wander are lost, except maybe Waldo.