Angry Unanswered: MySQL is very slow

I have developed a software using VB 6 as front end and Access 2000 db as backend. But after converting Access 2000 to MySQL the software became damn slow. I had used My ODBC 5.1 for connectivity. Database is on local machine and connected as local host. Also code is malfunctiong with MySQL while it was working fine with Access 2000. Can anybody help me out.

what is very slow, they query times? Did you index your tables? Sorry don't know about Access to MySQL conversion, I'm sure someone else can help with that.

Can you describe your "slow" situation a little more? I've just done an MS Access to MySQL conversion with a VB.NET front end. Maybe I can be of some help...
    Last edited by archspeed; 05-20-04 at 14:10.
    Tuan M. -- Database Developer Newbie, dot NET generation
    If you want cheap-shit web hosting, check out www.websaic.com
    For all your custom test socket needs, check out Gold Technologies, Inc.
    Oh yeah, last but not least, GO BAR-Honda!

I was saying about the query time. Query time is very slow in VB-MySQL combination. I have tried it out by making a new table in MySQL and connecting to VB at front end. But it is also giving the same result. Can anybody help me out.

Well I did ask if your tables were indexed. You didn't answer either way. Non-indexed tables can take significantly longer to query than indexed ones.

Also if you run an EXPLAIN with your SQL query and post it here it may give archspeed an idea if the problem is related to VB or the SQL query itself.