Unanswered: dbforums - what's happened?

What's happened to dbforums? It used to work so well - now all sorts of functionality have gone.

Search no longer works. No matter what I search for, there are no search results. Even if I search for a one word taken from the title of a thread that I can actually see.

And what's all this about no being able to do a second search within 90 seconds?

Also what's happened to "My subscriptions"? How does one go straight to the forum(s) that one is subscribed to? I can't find that anywhere in this horrible new layout.

Any chance of dbforums just being put back the way it was - where verything worked?

James
    Thank you,
    James

100%

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

manyana

Not wanting to provoke controversy but...

As groups of people go, shouldn't ours be of the more sympathetic mind when it comes to someone endeavouring to make technical changes and improvements to their existing system? Yes, some of the functionality we have come to expect isn't working properly as yet - but it seems to be a matter requiring correction rather than it not being there by design.

If we all rolled back any system that didn't work immediately this would be a DOS forum discussing text based data storage.

Anyhoo, that's my opinion FWIW.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Hmmm.....As groups of people go, I thought I was amongst fellows who understood the philosophy of having a "Live" system and a "Development" (or "In test") system, where one develops some functionality, and then, once it is tested, updates the live build.

Arrr.....you see what happens when you let a tester into a devlopment forum........Go on then, start the stoning.....
    Thank you,
    James

Quite so - I am however assuming that there was a thorough test phase in the project cycle and that there were no indications at that stage of the problems we are now experiencing. It may be that the implimentation was sloppy, but I presume we all have experience of unanticipated complications and senarios that only become apparent when live. Or am I the only one who occaisionally has to revisit an application after launch?

I wouldn't dream of stoning a tester - I'm shocked that you suggest I might
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Red face

I guess I am fortunate to not have known this forum in its days of lore. I think it has a lot of cool features that other forums are lacking, and vice versa. I do agree that the 90 second search thing is frustrating.

Oh well, maybe it will detract me from spending so much time in these types of fora.

Yeah, right.

In my opinion (which, these days, is'nt worth a hill of beans) I like the new format. It gets the job done and will do so even better once all the bugs are worked out of the system. This WE know since WE ourselves are developers and can fully understand what is involved with something new (so to speak).

Oh how I wish I was Bill Gates with an endless flow of cash to throw at my army of developers and testers. Well folks....looks like we are the testers and I would say a pretty good platoon full of great people at that.

Say...does'nt Bill have a puter inset into the 6 foot level of his pool....?

Anyways...thats my opinion and I'm gonna stick with it.

I have been for...OH!...I don't know... a few monthes. I see many of you helping others. Many of you have helped me!! I am glad that someone brought this up. I started to enjoy the old way myself. I liked being able to look at my personal area to see who has replied to my posts or to see people that I have helped. I may be missing it, but I can't find how to do that now.

I love it! It's a great resource I can go and find solutions. Thanks to all of you!!!!

Michael
    Gotta to do some code