Unanswered: Getting location of image file in Multimedia

Hi,

Is it possible, and if so how, to get the location of an image file stored in a Multimedia field? And is it possible to, design a script that would open this image file in a specified program? How would I do this?

Well since I'm at it, here's another question : why does it seem like filemaker does not only store the reference to the image file even if I check the corresponding option when inserting the image? I removed the images from their original folder and I can still see them in the database. Is it possible to really only store the reference?

Thanks for any help!
    (using FM dev. 7.0 on Mac osX)

Regards,

Catherine

What you are seeing is the internal fm7 thumbnail.
    Yes the location can be stored and used.
    Yes a script can be built.
    I'll need more info to build an example file. Or you can provide me a sample file of yours with no/little data. (clone)

Hi and thank you for your answer to my questions.

What I precisely want to do is to have my "image location field" automatically updated with the image location as soon as an image is inserted by the end user in my "image field" (Multimedia), so that I can display both the location AND the image on a layout. When I say automatically, this could also be done using a button as a trigger. I have no particular table structure, except for those two fields : "ImageField" (Multimedia) and "ImageLocationField" (Text). It also ends up I'll be using FM Pro 6 for this. Will that reduce the possibilities?

Thanks for your help, it will be much appreciated!

Regards,

Catherine

Yes. You will need Troi File Plug-in to do this in FM6. (FM7 Native)
    They have great sample files included.

I think I'll be able to do all I want with this, THANKS!
    Catherine