Unanswered: Query to return only the latest version ??

Hi
    I need to run a query that will show only the latest revision of my plan. I have 2 tables one with the plans and one with the revisions linked by the plan id. How do I do this ?

This thread may help you.

http://www.dbforums.com/t993406.html

If you need more than this, you could post the SQL statement here and I'd be happy to take a look.

HTH,

Chris

SELECT [CTD_Number],[CID],[Part_No],tblDrawings.drawingid, [Part_Name],[Rev_no]FROM tblDrawings,tbldrawRev WHERE tblDrawings.drawingid = tblDrawRev.drawingid AND tblDrawings.cid = 2AND tblDrawings.Deleted = 0 ORDER BY CTD_Number DESC

I only want the latest revision but I may have to use the date as Reviosn numbers can vary in format.

I have to be in a meeting for a couple hours, so I'll post after that.
    Do you currently have a field for revision date or is it reflected in the rev_no...ctd_number?

Yes there is a date field.

It would be something like this. If you use a date field, you would substitute that for Rev_No in the WHERE clause. Hope this helps.

SELECT [CTD_Number],[CID],[Part_No],tblDrawings.drawingid, [Part_Name],[Rev_no]
    FROM tblDrawings,tbldrawRev
    WHERE ((tbldrawRev.Rev_No) IN (SELECT TOP 1 [Rev_No] FROM tbldrawRevtblDrawings.drawingid = tblDrawRev.drawingid AND (tblDrawings.cid = 2) AND (tblDrawings.Deleted = 0) ORDER BY CTD_Number DESC