Thread: User tables

Unanswered: User tables

Hello all, I am very new to DB2 having almost all my experience in Oracle. I am currently writting a java GUI to connect to both an Oracle and DB2 database. I wanted to display the tables (For the particular user) from that database. This is very very simple in Oracle "Select table_name from tabs" will retrieve all the table names from the logged in user. Is there an easy access thing like this in DB2 as well, or do I have to take the approach of matching all the tables's creator name to user name and pull them out ?

Any help would be fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by STFXJava
    Hello all, I am very new to DB2 having almost all my experience in Oracle. I am currently writting a java GUI to connect to both an Oracle and DB2 database. I wanted to display the tables (For the particular user) from that database. This is very very simple in Oracle "Select table_name from tabs" will retrieve all the table names from the logged in user. Is there an easy access thing like this in DB2 as well, or do I have to take the approach of matching all the tables's creator name to user name and pull them out ?

Any help would be fantastic!
    SELECT TABNAME FROM SYSCAT.TABLES WHERE DEFINER = ?
    --
    Jonathan Petruk
    DB2 Database Consultant