Unanswered: Access 97 questions...

I have three questions that are Access 97 specific.

1. I would like to do a subquery in my FROM clause, but cannot seem to get the code to work. I.,e "SELECT * FROM (SELECT * FROM Customer) as CS". This is very typical SQL but, I keep getting a error about my FROM clause. Any tricks to making this work? I can do it if I save my subquery as a separate query, but that seems like a waste, especially when many times my subqueries are written dynamically in code.

2. Is there a trick to accessing the AbsoultePosition property of a record in a forms recordset? I.e, if my form is based on a multiple record recordset, I need a field on my form that identifies the AbsolutePosition +1 of each record as a counter.

3. SQL supports a CASE statement in a SELECT format. I.e. SELECT Customer,CountryName=
    WHEN country="UK" then "United Kingdom"
    WHEN country ="US" then "United States"
    WHEN country ="AU" then "Australia"
    FROM Customer;

Is there a way to do this in Access 97 without using IIF?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help with this.

1. Can't help. Sorry.

2. Have you checked online help? There are some examples there.

3. Assuming there is a table (ex. tblMaster) with a Country code field that would contain "UK" or "US", create a table tblCountry with Country code and Country Name, create a join on Country code and create a query with both tables and the necessary fields.

Thanks. I've been working on a join to another table, but because it has a range of values, the join is not as clean as I would like.

Yes, I have check the help and MS online site.