i have a text file with records delimited by tab spaces. but for sum reason i have a line feed character in the txt file. Due to this reason the import into a table fails in SQL Server 2000. Is there ne way to replace these line feed characters with carriage return?.. btw, about 5 files were transfer from UNIX eniv. into Unix... one of the five files had this problem... could it be becauase of transfer type - Binary or ASCII?... if so why did one 1 of 5 files have that line feed character in it?

pls help