Unanswered: Programmatic inspection of a dump?

I need to set up a job to allow users to restore their databases, on SQL Server 2000 SP3. The idea is that a user inserts a record into a table, identifying the dump they want to load. (They can only restore their own account.) A job picks up this record, restores the database, and notifies the user as appropriate.

My part of this is writing the procedure that the job executes, including the dump restore. Part of that is getting each dump's file groups (data, index, and log) into the proper locations for this server and this user.

Essentially, I need to be able to access the results of 'load filelistonly' from a cursor. How do I access the file list?

Quote Originally Posted by 2bit-hack
    Essentially, I need to be able to access the results of 'load filelistonly' from a cursor. How do I access the file list?
    Google is your friend. http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/uti...ll_in_file.asp

Man .. its better if you do not call the backup a dump (You know what I mean !!!).... coz its what will save your A$$ when the database goes down ....
    Get yourself a copy of the The Holy Book

order has no physical Brett in The meaning of a Kaiser . -database data