Unanswered: Easy Combo Box Question

I think this is an easy question that has been answered before, but with the current lack of search capability... Anyway, I have a combo box with two columns, and ID and a description. Both display when selecting an item, however, only one will display upon selection. Is there a way to have both the ID and description display both when the pull down is open and once it has been selected.

Thanks for the help,
    Noobie

In your select query add an extra field called say bothrec

In the query window that appears you will need to type bothrec: [ID] & " " & [Description]
    Use this as the First Column

The only problem will be if the [ID] varies in length in which case you made need to pad out the spaces by checking the Len(ID) but that will need adjusted code.

Quote Originally Posted by accessnoobie
    I think this is an easy question that has been answered before, but with the current lack of search capability... Anyway, I have a combo box with two columns, and ID and a description. Both display when selecting an item, however, only one will display upon selection. Is there a way to have both the ID and description display both when the pull down is open and once it has been selected.

Thanks for the help,
    Noobie
    Hi AccessNoobie,

Take a look at the attached sample DB. Let me know if it helps you out any.

Bud
    Attached Files Attached Files