Arrow Unanswered: Filemaker does not open

I installed Filemaker Pro 6 on my Win 98 computera nd it seems to install alright. But when i first try to open the -program, it loads everything right and then stalls showing TCPiP loaded and then nothing shows up.
    I have tried reinstalling FM pro twice and it still does the same thing. I disabled Norton file installer checker completely and still it does the smae thing.
    I was wondering if there was a particular setting tht does not allow FM Pro to open.

Thanks, Amit

do you have tcp/ip enabled on your computer ?
    Olivier Miossec
    --
    http://www.lasso-developpeur.net/
    --

filemaker does not open.

following from prev thread...I have tcpip enabled in the computer...but it still does not open.

Win98 networking

I have had this happen to me a long time ago and it was a problem with the operating system. I ended up doing a clean install, but I've got feeling that installing FIleMaker without networking might have worked as well- as long as I didn't need networking.

I brushed it off at the time before my TCP/ip setup in that machine was altered by AOL and several VPN packages....

Hope this helps...

joe

reinstall

Thanks for your comments Joe, I think the reinstall of win 98 would resolve the issue.
    But, all other programs that I have tried to install seem to go through alright. So, there should be something that can be done to avoid the reinstall of the operating system.
    I really want to keep that as the last option.
    And I would definitely need the networking so, I will have to choose that option during the install.

Any other suggestions from you Joe, or anyone else//

-Amit