Unanswered: Installing Database

Hi,
    My client is US based. Now I want to send them the database script for the package installation. Client does'nt have any technical people. So all I have to do it remotely from India. So could any one guide me on this?

thnx

What exactly is the problem. Either you can ask them to install by sending the database scripts, or ask them to install a remote server and connect from India remotely. In case of remote connection, they have to open up their server ports to skip the firewall. Then you can connect from India and do everything yourself.

Could you please come up with a more clear picture, on remote connection and opening the port.....................???

thnx

You can install MS Remote Desktop Connection software in your computer and connect to the sql server remotely. For that, you have to ask your client to open you the sql server, http and ftp ports to you.

They would be crazy to open up ports on their SQL Servers though for you to work on it remotely from India. Just make a backup of a database with only the data needed. They can just restore the database on their SQL Server as part of the installation process. The alternative is to give them a script that creates the database, users, tables, stored procs, etc. and inserts the data needed. That's more prone to error though and harder to troubleshoot.

This is pretty standard practice and you should probably know this if you are going to be distributing commercial applications that utilize SQL Server. You might want to hire a DBA or look at consulting services for your company.
    MeanOldDBA
    derrickleggett@hotmail.com
    When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.

yup, hire me!