Unhappy Unanswered: procedure runs with an error???

This is my procedure and the error is incorrect syntax near '01'

DECLARE @returnDay int

--Looking at current date,
    SELECT @returnDay = DatePart(day,GetDate())
    --If is the 7th of the current moth then
    If @returnDay = 24

EXEC master.dbo.xp_sendmail
    @query = 'SELECT a.HospitalName,a.HospitalCode, c.ProductName,b.UnitsDiscarded,d.FateOfProducts,b. DateEntered,
    b.DateCompleted,b.CompiledBy FROM test.dbo.Units b inner join Hospitals a ON (a.HospitalID = b.HospitalID)
    inner join Products c ON (b.ProductID = c.ProductID)
    inner join FateOfProducts d ON (d.FateID = b.FateID)
    where b. DateEntered = DateAdd(month, -1, Convert(CHAR(8), GetDate(), 121) + '01') order by a.HospitalID',
    @recipients=test@hotmail.com', @message='Submitting Results for the previous month',
    @subject=' results for previous month', @attach_results = 'true', @separator = '/s'

SELECT @@ERROR As ErrorNumber

What am I missing here now, I am quite new to stored procedures

REgards

@query = "SELECT a.HospitalName,a.HospitalCode, c.ProductName,b.UnitsDiscarded,d.FateOfProducts,b. DateEntered,
    b.DateCompleted,b.CompiledBy FROM test.dbo.Units b inner join Hospitals a ON (a.HospitalID = b.HospitalID)
    where b. DateEntered = DateAdd(month, -1, Convert(CHAR(8), GetDate(), 121) + '01') order by a.HospitalID",
    @recipients=test@hotmail.com', @message='Submitting Results for the previous month',
    @subject=' results for previous month', @attach_results = 'true', @separator = '/s'
    Get yourself a copy of the The Holy Book

order has no physical Brett in The meaning of a Kaiser . -database data

Thank you for your help.
    Now I have this error message

The identifier that starts with 'SELECT a.HospitalName,c.ProductName,b.UnitsDiscarded,d.Fa teOfProducts,b.DateEntered,
    b.DateCompleted,b.CompiledBy
    FROM Test.database' is too long. Maximum length is 128.

I have seen this error but not a solution for it....
    Could you help me with that?
    Last edited by zobernjik; 05-26-04 at 01:43.

it seems that the allowed lenght of the @query is 128 only so it is giving an error.

Yeah I got that too,but I need all the data from the query so how I am suppose to go around it, any suggestions....

Quote Originally Posted by zobernjik
    Yeah I got that too,but I need all the data from the query so how I am suppose to go around it, any suggestions....
    how about using a staging table (some temp table) to get the results and while sending the mail just select the records from this staging table?

I hope I am not annoying everybody,but how do I use the temp table,do I create a replica of a table that has all the data or....I see what you mean expect I don't quite know what is my next step...

Any help appreciated

set quoted_identifier off
    @query = "SELECT a.HospitalName,a.HospitalCode, c.ProductName,b.UnitsDiscarded,d.FateOfProducts,b. DateEntered,
    where b. DateEntered = DateAdd(month, -1, Convert(CHAR(8), GetDate(), 121) + '01') order by a.HospitalID",
    @recipients='test@hotmail.com', @message='Submitting Results for the previous month',

Quote Originally Posted by zobernjik
    I hope I am not annoying everybody,but how do I use the temp table,do I create a replica of a table that has all the data or....I see what you mean expect I don't quite know what is my next step...

Any help appreciated
    SELECT a.HospitalName,a.HospitalCode, c.ProductName,b.UnitsDiscarded,d.FateOfProducts,b. DateEntered,
    b.DateCompleted,b.CompiledBy into #temp FROM master.dbo.units b inner join Hospitals a ON (a.HospitalID = b.HospitalID)
    where b. DateEntered = DateAdd(month, -1, Convert(CHAR(8), GetDate(), 121) + '01') order by a.HospitalID

@query = "SELECT * from #temp",

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma
    @recipients='test@hotmail.com', @message='Submitting Results for the previous month',

smart

Thank you guys heaps....

By default in SQL Server 2000 ... the entries inside "" (double quotes) are taken as identifiers ... you need to turn them off while using them as a way to avoid this happening.

alternatively you can use the single quote two times to use them within a string

eg .

Code:
    @query = 'SELECT a.HospitalName,a.HospitalCode, c.ProductName,b.UnitsDiscarded,d.FateOfProducts,b.DateEntered,
    where b. DateEntered = DateAdd(month, -1, Convert(CHAR(8), GetDate(), 121) + ''01'') order by a.HospitalID', 
    I hope I have been able to explain it clearly ...

Excellent, many thanks