Unanswered: Access Form to generate Outlook e-mail? Can it be done? Please help!!!

I am 1st Line Helpdesk Administrator. I have an Access database used to store various User-related Information. I use a form to input new User details. Once a new User has been added to the network, I need to email the Manager with logon details. I have a template e-mail within Outlook for this.

I would like to setup a system whereby once information has been entered into Access form, an email is generated taking information from my database such as Manager's e-mail address (to go into the 'To' field), Username, Password (to be put into the body of the email within surrounding text), etc.

Can somebody please advise me on how to do this? I was told to look at COM (Component Object Model) which I read about but found it very interesting yet still unaware on where to start. I not too good at scripting, and querying so please bear in mind my level of knowledge in this area is pretty low!

Thanks in advance.

outlook or outlook express

set used mail client as default

use MAPI for sending messages

sample code : http://kozin1.narod.ru/newsite/index.html?sendmapi.htm

Please explain with more detail!

NB - Im new to this game!

Randeep

PS - I don't understand the syrilic alphabet! The code is new to me. What language is it? Where would I run it from?

In the meantime I will try and read about MAPI...

It's ok, I have found out how to do it by using the SendObject method...

Private Sub cmdEmail_Click()

Dim msgTxt As Variant
    Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application
    Dim objMailItem As Outlook.MailItem
    Dim blnCreated As Boolean

blnCreated = False

Set objOutlook = New Outlook.Application

If IsNull(Me.{formcontrol with email address}) = True Or Me.{formcontrol with email address} = "" Then
    DoCmd.Hourglass False
    msgTxt = MsgBox("Unable to create an email for " & Me.{formcontrol with name} & Chr(13) & "No email address listed in the database.", vbOKOnly + vbInformation, "")
    Else
    DoCmd.Hourglass True
    Set objMailItem = objOutlook.CreateItemFromTemplate("{outlook template path}")

With objMailItem
    .To = Me.{formcontrol with email address}
    .Save
    ' .Send
    blnCreated = True
    End With

End If

If blnCreated Then
    msgTxt = MsgBox("Finished creating email(s). The email(s) are in your Outlook 'Drafts' folder.", vbOKOnly, "")
    Else
    msgTxt = MsgBox("Email Failed.", vbOKOnly, "")
    End If

DoCmd.Hourglass False

End Sub

Make sure you have a reference to the Outlook Object Library

Replace text between {}

This will save an unsent email to the user's Draft folder, to send the email take out the .Save line and uncomment the .Send line

There is a .Body property that can be used to customize the body text and a few other properties to play with

Hi im want to build a some what similar database.
    The only thing im not getting like i want it is the email i want the info stored in the database to not be in a attachment but just in the emal itself...
    The mail im using is outlook.

Provided Answers: 1
    My experience using Outlook as a mailer has not been good. I prefer the CDO library. There are examples on the web of dynamically changing the message in the property "TextBody" or "HTMLbody". To get you started, look at Welcome to PaulSadowski.com.

Regards

J Smith
    Aylmer, Quebec, Canada