Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unanswered: Repeat Question with no Solution (Yet)

Let me toss this question out there one more time. I have a report that is tied to a table. The table has 660 rows. When my report launches I get the same data on 660 different pages. I have about 50 textboxes in the detail section with this type of function in them.

=Sum(IIf([CountInvAnj]=11,1,0))

I would like to have the report just show one page obviously, that way when I hit the shortcut button to export to excel its all in a nice spreadsheet. Hope someone can help. Thanks a ton!

Quote Originally Posted by tjarvas
    Let me toss this question out there one more time. I have a report that is tied to a table. The table has 660 rows. When my report launches I get the same data on 660 different pages. I have about 50 textboxes in the detail section with this type of function in them.

=Sum(IIf([CountInvAnj]=11,1,0))

I would like to have the report just show one page obviously, that way when I hit the shortcut button to export to excel its all in a nice spreadsheet. Hope someone can help. Thanks a ton!
    Things to check:

Hard page break in a header or footer
    Detail Section visible
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

The detail section is visible. I'm not really sure what you mean by hard page break. I saw a force new page but I wasn't sure that was what you were asking for.

Your Report needs to be query driven so as to display only the records you want that are relavent to the data you want to print or send to Excel.

Post the DB so that we can see what is going on.

I would love it if the report could be query driven. Unfortunatly, the query is too complex. So what happens is, I made it a make table query and then the reports reads the data off of the table. If you would like me to post something specific I will try but the database is about 150,000KB. Is there a way to use a page break is a condition is met by using a macro? Again just a random thought.

Quote Originally Posted by tjarvas
    The detail section is visible. I'm not really sure what you mean by hard page break. I saw a force new page but I wasn't sure that was what you were asking for.
    That's a hard page break ...

Now, how is this report structured? I know yuo have a visible detail section ... Any headers or footers (outside of the Report ones)?
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

I have a report header right now but that could move to a page header if need be. Basically its just month labels that line the top part of a matrix layout. I have a page footer and report footer but nothing is in those either.

Should I make a form to hold the values from the query? I think that might limit the number of results. I could make the form invisible so the user won't see it.

I tried to form thing but its going to take a lifetime to chage all of the text boxes. Last chance for any other ideas.

Before you give up...

Hi

It's hard to tell without seeing your report or database but...
    you are trying to get a one page report that is made up of a whole load of values derived from 660 records, yet you get 660 pages?
    Have you tried putting ALL you controls into the report header? Leave nothing in the other headers and footers (including the detail section) and check that you have no group headers. Backup your report, highlight the lot and drag and drop into the report header - will only take a second to check.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Wow, how didn't I think of that. That worked but it did bring up a second prob. When i export it to excel, all of the data goes into one row. The reports show 12 distict rows but all the data shows up in row A. Is there a way I can get the data to show up in excel like it looks in the report?

Realised when the thread turned to the Detail section- the detail section is formatted once for each record in the record source, hence 660 pages. Any aggregating in a report should always be done in the report header\ footer or in a Group Header\ Footer, not Detail or Page Header\ Footer. Forgive me if I am over labouring the point - just so you know for future ref. I have a feeling you've tried to sort this out several times.

Anyhoo, didn't realise you were exporting - let me try something...
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

I knew that it just didn't click. Maybe I need more coffee in the mornings. For that very same reason is why I am getting one row in excel when I export. I don't think it will be possible to push the data into different rows.

Nope, can't get it working. Tried a dummy group header but no go either. Really it makes sense - the distinct rows in the report are only visually distinct due to formatting them to look so; effectively it is one row of data formatted two dimensionally.
    So - either you need someone who is good at exporting from Access to Excel (not me, that's for sure) or you want to put everything back into the detail section and see if you get your report to programmatically get rid of all pages after page one (somehow). Or you are back to the form again.

Ooh - hang on: Try creating a Dummy Group. Open the Sorting and Grouping Box and put ="1" in the Field\Expression field. Create a Group Header. Put your first row of text boxes into that group header. Create a second group, with ="2". Put your second row of text boxes in there. Repeat for all the rows. I think you will get what you want when you export now.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

I get an error called Overflow when I merge it with excel. I'm not really sure what that means.