Unanswered: Word Automation Problem

Hello all,

I have an Access 2000-format database running under Access XP. There is a procedure that automates Word to create a new document and fill it with data. All of this works perfectly. However, I have a problem when there is a command which is designed to change the document's margins by using the following (my object is called "Word")

Word.ActiveDocument.PageSetup.....

This generates a "Error Loading DLL" error in Access. All of the Page Setup commands generate the same error (paper size, margins etc.). Does anybody know which DLL Word loads for Page Setup and why this should be causing an error when automated from Access? And, of course, how could I fix this?

I'd appreciate any help in fixing this as the correct creation of the Word document is crucial to the project I'm working on. Thanks

Andy Briggs

You may want to try reinstalling office and tell it to run all from the computer... that is just a shot in the dark though.

JS
    Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting
    The-Patriot.net by Patriot Designs

Thanks very much for replying JS. I suppose a reinstall is one option. I'm still interested in knowing what's causing this error, if anybody has any further ideas.
    Andy Briggs
    Elmhurst Solutions Limited
    Database Development and Consultancy
    http://www.elmhurstsolutions.com

Might want to see if you can google for a 'Margin changing missing DLL' or something to that effect, because if you can find the .DLL that you need and put it in the right place then you should have no problem.

JS
    Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting
    The-Patriot.net by Patriot Designs