Smile Unanswered: Timestamp modified fields

Is there any way to timestamp changes to a specific field, not the whole record? I maintain a multiuser Access database and multiple users can edit different fields within the same record. I would like to be able to see when each field was edited as opposed to the whole record being edited.

Yes, there is, but it ain't pretty.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;183792
    This writes each relevent control's name to a memo field in a form each time there is a change to the record, recording it's previous value. Not much use for reporting on but might do the trick, depending on your needs.

If you just want a date of last changing then I guess you could have two fields where you currently have one (one for data, the other for date of change), populating the second field with Now() when the BeforeUpdate event is fired for the field.

Otherwise, if you need something heavy duty you are probably looking at creating an audit table for each field and populating that each time there is a change (date\ time, user name, old value etc.)- I think this is to be avoided at all costs.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.