Unhappy Unanswered: Is it possible to password protect a form?

Can an individual form in the database be password protected - I know I can split the database into a front and back end?

Help please!!

you can add authentication code to the startup of your form. Look through the posts, as it has been covered before

An individual form can most certainly be password protected. I have some of my forms password protected inside my .mdw protected database.

What I would do is create your own little password form. Then make sure that has to be open with the correct password in the text box for it to work.

JS
    Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting
    The-Patriot.net by Patriot Designs

Quote Originally Posted by abdulie
    Can an individual form in the database be password protected - I know I can split the database into a front and back end?

Help please!!
    If you open the form from another form then you can place an unbound text box on the first form and then whether you open the form with a macro or code make it dependent on an entry in the unbound text box such as

[Forms]![Form1]![TextBox]=82356298356 or "whatever"

Mike

I have a macro setup like that

And it doesn't matter what password you type, it will open the form regardless.
    Here is what I have
    Two forms Supervisor Main Form and Security Form
    The user opens the Security form and there is a command button and an unbound textbox named text1.
    I have a macro with the command openform.
    It is set to open the Supervisor Main Form Where Condition:
    [Forms]![Security]![text1]=123456

What am I doing wrong or what else do I need to do to make this work?

Also

Is there another way to do this so that the openform on the macro checks a table with a list of possible passwords and what would my Where Condition arguments look like.

THank you.

The best way is to tie up your form security with overall ms access security. If your app is already secure and ppl have to login to use it then all you have to do is create special groups and specific users to those groups. Then in the form just check if the current user belongs to the group that should have access to this form. Thats it !!! can't be easier than that. !!!