Exclamation Unanswered: Client 9 install

Hello,

I've got a serious problem () with the installation of a 9i client on a XP Pro SP1 workstation.

I make the installation after switch the local user into the administrator group of the workstation. After I switch this user into the limitted user group. Because the user must not be administrator of the workstation.

But when I try to connect it not works... The orahome directory is not viewable for the user. It seems to be a XP rights problem on the directory ? When I right click on the folder I do not have the security page, in which I would like to see the permission...

My question should be, how install a Oracle client on a workstation for a user which is not administrator of the workstation ? I did not find any information about this on Metalink !

TIA for your help

Cyrille PETIT

Provided Answers: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by OGER
    When I right click on the folder I do not have the security page, in which I would like to see the permission...
    Right click won't show security options when you're logged on as a restricted user. Switch to an Administrator and try again.

Oracle 9i install...

I had the same problem and here's what I did to fix it..
    View the security tab of the x:\Oracle\Ora92 (assuming Ora92 is your home) and check the Propogate box and hit ok. it's that easy.

hth