Question Unanswered: Report Page Footer

I have looked everywhere to find this answer but still haven't found it. Any help would be great.

What I want to do is make my footing be at the bottom of the sheet, much like the Page Footer setting, but if the report is multiple pages, I only want it to print at the bottom of the last page. I have tried the following:

If [Reports]![RptSummarySheet]![RptPages] > 1 Then

If [Reports]![RptSummarySheet]![RptPage] = [Reports]![RptSummarySheet]![RptPages] Then
    [Reports]![RptSummarySheet]![RptPage].Visible = True
    End If
    Else
    [Reports]![RptSummarySheet]![RptPage].Visible = True
    End If

This has only worked for the Print Preview. But. when I actually send it to the printer from print preview, it still prints on all pages. Any suggestions?

thanks much
    dan

Shouldnt you just put what ever it is you are wanting to put in the page footer, in the report footer?

I dont understand why you are trying to do it without putting it in the actual report footer which would place it on the last page (as far as I know it will anyways).

JS
    Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting
    The-Patriot.net by Patriot Designs

I know it may sound strange, but the reason why it's not in the report footing is that I want the text to be at the bottom of the page. Basically this report is a letter that has a signature block, (and that's where my boss wants it).

What I am going to try now is to hide everything, and make the page footer resize through the VB. That should work for the print preview, but then I have made a print button that will close the preview and then send the report to the printer.

The only thing that sucks is I have about 40 fields in this footer and I have to input each one. If you can think of any way, I thank you.

I'm not 100% clear on what you need yet, but here are a few tips that may help (or at least save the the hassle of finding out on your own).

1) Resizing sections: you can make sections (and controls) larger as the printing progresses, but not smaller. For example, if you have a 2" detail and resize to 3" on page 4 through code, that will work, but then you will be at least 3" for the rest of the document (you can only make it bigger).

2) I have found certain situations where List boxes prove to be very functional for this sort of thing - the row source can be changed page by page through code. Down side: no special formatting - just data.

3) You may have better control of positioning things if you use a sub report in the page footer. It depends on exactly what you're trying to do, but an option to consider. This gives you all the formatting like lines, boxes, etc.

4) If each detail is only 1 page, then check http://www.dbforums.com/t998699.html for a similar thread I posted to.

Can you provide either an example or more detail of what you have and what you need?

Note: I'm using Access 97 which is pretty close, but may be a little different if you have a different version.

Okay. I'm not doing a good job getting my problem accross. Thanks for helping though.
    Lets say that the invoice report is 2 pages long. I have a short summary at the end of the report with a location for the Director to sign his approval. It's a standard letter kind of thing. So he would be signing at the very end of page 2 even if the invoice data stops at the top of the sheet. I want to make a Page Footer that only shows on the last page.

And, yes what you had linked is very similar to what I am looking for. I'm using 2000.

ok, without actually trying this out, here's something off the cuff:

Place the information you want in a sub report.
    Place the sub report in the footer.
    Make the height of the subreport = 0 and size the footer appropiately.
    Place the value "ResizeMe" (without the quotes) in the Tag property of each control in the footer that is below the subreport (not the subreport) .

Put some code in the OnPage event of the report that looks something like this:
    Code:
    Dim ctl As Control
    Dim intHeight As Integer

If Me.Page = Me.Pages Then
         intHeight = [The height, in inches, of your subreport] * 1440
         Me.PageFooterSection.Height = Me.PageFooterSection.Height + intHeight
         For Each ctl in Me.Controls
              if ctl.Tag = "ResizeMe" then ctl.Top = ctl.Top + intHeight
         Next
         Me.subReport.Height = intHeight
    End If
    [The height, in inches, of your subreport] should be the actual number.

Let me know and of course, have fun!

Thanks for the good stuff. I'm going to try it now. I'll keep you posted.