Unanswered: Averaging without zeroes

I am trying to average some values from an option group. The values range from zero to five. How do I calculate the average without including the zero?

Quote Originally Posted by yoggystyle
    I am trying to average some values from an option group. The values range from zero to five. How do I calculate the average without including the zero?
    What???? What are you trying to do?
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Averaging without zeroes

I have a form with several option groups on it. The option values assigned to each are 0,1,2,3,4 and 5.
    Each option group asks a question where the user will respond with 1-very low rating, 2-low rating, 3-ok rating, 4-good rating, 5-best rating or 0-N/A.
    I have a report that averages these values. However, I don't want to include the 0 value for the N/A responses. Is there anyway to average the responses from an option group without including the zeroes? Can I convert to Null values? Or am I attempting the impossible?

Quote Originally Posted by yoggystyle
    I have a form with several option groups on it. The option values assigned to each are 0,1,2,3,4 and 5.
    Each option group asks a question where the user will respond with 1-very low rating, 2-low rating, 3-ok rating, 4-good rating, 5-best rating or 0-N/A.
    I have a report that averages these values. However, I don't want to include the 0 value for the N/A responses. Is there anyway to average the responses from an option group without including the zeroes? Can I convert to Null values? Or am I attempting the impossible?
    Ok ... Yes you can. Basically add your option values together and if you have a value of 0 don't increment your count ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Averaging without zeroes

Would you mind explaining a bit further for me? How do you go about not incrementing the count?