Unhappy Unanswered: Getting duplicate records - can't figure out why - PLEASE HELP!!

Hello all,

You've been so much help in the past, that I'm hoping you'll help me tackle this problem before I go bald pulling out all my hair over it!!

I have a series of forms with which the data entry person can click from one to the next to the next...
    She enters...
    Debtor name
    then clicks to...
    Addressthen clicks to...
    Work info
    then clicks to...
    Check info
    then clicks to...
    Court info.
    Once all the info is entered, the data entry person clicks a button on each form to close each form.

The problem is that when we enter a check, and then the court info, a second check shows up too! It duplicates the check amount, but not the other fields on the page. This isn't happening at any of the other steps.

---a bit more info on this---
    If I go up to the point of entering the check, enter it, then close the form (and don't move on to the court info) - it works fine. The problem is when I go to the court info page, enter a date, close that page, somehow another check record is created. It's actually changing the check id number (an autonumber) up one number, and creating an imaginary check. It does it every time I go in and add details to the court info!!

I've tried checking all the 'events'...nothing weird there. I've also re-created the form, but the problem still happens.

Any ideas on what to look at next??

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!!!

Susie
    Last edited by mommyof4; 05-26-04 at 02:16. Reason: A bit more info...

Just to get some more information.

Do the table records show an exact duplicate?

If so check to see that on your form that you are not Cycling all Records.

On the form properties look at your cycle and make sure that it only says "current record" They might be hitting tab to go to the next record and the system takes them to a new record?

No - it's not an exact duplicate (which is what is so weird!). The second record duplicates only 2 fields!

It does say "All Records" for cycling - I'll try changing that and see if it works!

I think it's going to work!!!!!

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Susie

Glad I could help!

Ooooohhhhhh Nnnnnoooooooooo.........

It's not working again!!! Help!!!

I feel like this is really 'buggy' but I just don't know why!

It's supposed to autonumber the transaction ID....but now, when it creates a duplicate, it skips a number!!! And, yes, it still creates a duplicate!

There's something really wrong with this and I could really use some more help!!

Thanks!

Susie

Hi Susie

I'm not quite sure what the problem is but - you have multiple forms open simultaneously for data entry, yes?
    Could you try to - enter a new Debtor on the Debtor Form. Before you open the other form click on Records then Save Record. Then open the address form, enter the data and then save the record again before opening the next form. And so on until the process is complete. In particular do this when going from Check to Court. Let us know if this makes any difference. If so, we have the answer otherwise that's one thing ruled out.

Cheers
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

No - I do that already - I have to in order to 'pass' along the info...In fact, I was thinking that it might be part of the problem, but I don't think so...

Any other ideas?

Susie

Susie what happens when the user clicks that button. What action do you have assigned to that button they press to close the form?

Right now it is simply the code from the wizard...

Private Sub Command41_Click()
    On Error GoTo Err_Command41_Click

DoCmd.Close

Exit_Command41_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_Command41_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_Command41_Click

End Sub