Unanswered: Problem using acModal

Hi.

I have a form frmMain that contains several menu buttons. When I click on a button, it will open up a report using DoCmd, however, it seems that on my laptop, this works fine, with the report opened in acModal and as a popup - this laptop using winXP and access 2002 (but the actual database is access 2000 format).

I copy the database application file frmMain.mdb to a PC at my customer's place, he is using WinNT and Access 2000. Everything works fine, except that the report opens up behind frmMain, and I can't access the report until the datbase is closed.

Can anyone help? I want the report to be in modal mode, ie, be on top of everything else. Thanx!

You can try a workaround (i.e. on the OnOpen of the report you can hide the form)

Actually I was wondering, why is there such differences in the NT and XP environments? As I do not have a NT environment for my development, and my client uses NT, I'm wondering what other issues I will have during migration.

Thanx anyway.

I believe either acModal or PopUp are new in Access 2002. Can't remember which one. They work together. That could be your problem. I have run A2K2 on WinNT and WinXP and found no difference.
    Winston

Cool

Oh ok. I see why this is happening now, didn't realise that it's only available in access 2002. I thought that it would give a warning if I used access 2002 features cos in my database, the "Options"/"Advanced"/"Default file format" is access 2000 and not access 2002.

Any suggestions as to how I can implement a walkaround for this?

I think the issue is not so much that your database is in A2K format, but rather that your customer's client is running A2K. Not 100% sure but it is easy to do a quick test anyway. The upgrade price from A2K to A2K2 is not much (if you can still buy A2K2). For what it is worth, my recommendation would be not to try running A2K and A2K2 on the same client. Can be done, but read posts on that subject before you commence.
    Winston

Cool

I'm sure my customer is using Access 2000, but I was just hoping there is an alternate solution besides upgrading.

Well, thanx anyway, and if there's some alternative you think of, let me know.