Thread: Disable macros?

Unanswered: Disable macros?

Has anyone ever come up with a way to disable macro creation within MS Access? Not just on a project level, but to prevent macros from being created and/or ran on a particular PC or by a particular user.

It doesn't really matter whether macros can still be ran, just need to prevent certain users from being able to create them. (Or vice versa, if they can create macros but not run them, that accomplishes the same thing). The kicker is that there is VBA code in some of our apps that will still need to run.

I'm asking in particular about Access XP, but I'd love to hear from anyone that's been able to pull it off in any version.

Not sure about disabling the macro's, but you could set the startup properties so that no menu's are available and set it to bypass the shift bypass key

We really need to disable the capability on any Access database on a particular PC (or for particular user), not just specific projects.

Change the system.mdw file on that pc and take away macro rights for user admin. Make sure to create a username in that workgroup with full rights first.

If you're using different mdw files for different dbs, you'll need to change the rights of that user(s) in each one.

I would personally just create .mdw's for all of the Databases that way you can have full control over who can do what

I hope this helps some,
    JS
    Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting
    The-Patriot.net by Patriot Designs