Unanswered: Oracle shared memory realm does not exist

Hi,

I have Oracle 9i installed on my laptop running windows xp pro with 3Gig P4, 1GB memory, 60Gb hard disk.

It was all running great until i was running SQL++ and Oracle Forms and SQL++ hung. I managed to kill the process and I restarted my computer. I then ran SQL++ and Oracle forms but when I try to enter my username, password and host String but it couldnt connect as the following error occured:

ERROR:
    ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
    ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist

I managed to fix the problem by removing all the oracle services from startup, rebooting, re-adding the services, rebooting and then running the database configuration program within oracle. The only problem is, that whenever I turn off my computer and restart it, the same error keeps on appearing and I have to repeat the process above to fix it.

Can anybody tell me how to fix this cos going through the process of rebooting my computer twice is rather annoying.

Thank you for your time

Ora-27101 can occur in a number of different situations... some of these include:

-- database service not started (make sure service is set to "Automatic")
    -- listener is not configured correctly
    -- check sqlnet.ora for domain/zone settings that are different from tnsnames.ora entries for service name entries

JoeB

Try to create your OracleService via "oradim" utility or edit the existing service to startup automatically:

c:\> oradim -new -sid ..... -startmode a -pfile ............... -intpwd ..............

c:\> oradim -edit -sid ........ -startmode a

or edit your registry entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> ORACLE -> Oracle Home -> AUTO_<SID>_STARTUP = TRUE

HTH,

clio_usa - OCP 8/8i/9i DBA

I used to get this error message on a UNIX server when something tried to start a batch process when the Oracle server was down for backup. I think all you really needed to do was restart the database. The suggestions offered will help that happen automatically if the computer is restarted. Good Luck!
    Regards,
    Terry

I had the same problem. Go into %ORA_HOME%\network\ADMIN\sqlnet.ora and change the following line:

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=(NTS)
    to
    SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=(NONE)

Restart your database service and you should be good to go.

Regards.
    Vinay

Try to create oracle service with oradim and make the oracle service with automatic start mode:
    c:\oradim -new -sid sidname -intpwd password -startmode A
    and restart your machine...

It will work...