Unhappy Unanswered: Please quick help!

Hi I am incharge of organising a Access upgrade in our office from 96 to 2002 and the people who are doing it have asked me how they want me to do it procedure wise.

What we have is a present database that is behaving very badly that was developed inhouse by someone that has now left (in 96) so we want this to be upgraded so that it will behave better and we have a database to be developed.

Now I'm not sure how access works , the persent database really two database on the server, one with all the data in and one with the front end. Now I'm worry that the upgrade is going to cause the thing to stop working altogether so I would quite like to maybe upgrade a on a test basic, so that we can make sure it works okay. They also talk about upgrading all the machines, now the database is on the server do they need the correct version of access installed on their machine to see it, or just to be able to make their own databases.

Please could someone give me some advice as you can see I a little out of my depth, I need to communicate this so that they don't leave us in a mess.

Create a copy of the BE and FE. Convert the copies to the new version on Access, test them (extensively) and fix anything that needs fixing. Once everything is working, wipe out the data in the new version, kick all the users out of the old db, relocate the old db (to prevent anyone from using it) and upload the most current data from the old db to the new version and make the new version available to the users.

Thanks Rogue, I'll see what they say! cheers