Unanswered: SQL 2000 Reporting Services

Can report be created with code (XML, SQL, ActiveX?) using the new Reporting Services for SQL Server 2000?

I have to create a report and save it in Excel format. By default the report is saved as - *.rdl. but the web report server has an option of saving it as excel or pdf etc formats. Is there a way to do this automatically? ie by code and not manually

Please help

I am not sure this will answer your question but at one of my IT jobs, I run SQL queries in Query Analyzer and instead of sending the results to grid, I send "Results to File". It is under the "Query" option on the toolbar. Once it runs successfully, you can then open the file using Excel. There are some options to choose from at that point where you can "feed" the fields into columns based on whatever delimiting character you choose. It is pretty straightforward.

Hope this helps.

ddave

What i meant was using the SQL Server Reporting Services, using (Visual Studio .Net). It's anew feature SQL Server 200 came out with.
    I haved looked at some samples reports that come with the install. These reports file are generated in XML.

Reports can be created by using a wizard (atleast to my knowledge). My qustion is whether reports can be generated using just code (ActiveX or sumthin).
    Please help

Exclamation

Any one know have ne ideas?! pls help SOS