Exclamation Unanswered: Cannot access Oracle Enterprise Manager

Please help me on this gurus!

Our Oracle 9i server have crush. I already installed oracle 9i and sample database. I tried to export a dmp file from Oracle 8i and then import it again using the new Oracle 9i database. The import has character set problem but it says that it is possible to import. I continued it and import was successful.

By the way, I exported using the full option but data is not included.

My problem is when I logged at the Sql Plus using system/manager@ics, it is successful but when I used the oracle enterprise manager the system/manager is not working anymore. I think it was affected when I import the dmp file. How can I access oracle enterprise manager the default user and Id is not working saying
    "this application requires more database priviledges than you have currently granted to you. Contact your DBA for more information."

I tried different user-id and passwords but still same error appears

Please help me on this.
    a) How can I logged to oracle enterprise manager?
    b) What is the sql for viewing all the table names?
    c) How can I view the different users and password in Oracle 9i using the SQL?
    d) How can I check if the import dmp file is okey.

Any comments will do. Thanks.
    me-an

To logon to Oracle Entperise Manager (standalone) your userId must be granted the SELECT ANY DICTIONARY system privilege. In Oracle8i, you only needed the SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE role.

To see all user names and passwords simply SELECT USERNAME, PASSWORD FROM DBA_USERS. Keep in mind passwords are stored as a hash; there is no way to ever see the clear-text version of an Oracle password. For example, to compare old password against new, Oracle runs the new password through a hashing algorithm and compares the new hash to the one stored in the database.
    MarkRem
    Author, Oracle Database 10g: From Nuts to Soup
    http://www.remidata.com/book_nuts2soup.htm

Question Re: Insufficient Priviledges

Thanks markrem!

-----------------------------
    The complete error message is:

You do not have enough priviledge to perform this operation.
    You do not have enough priviledge to perform this operation. You must have appropriate system and object priviledges to create, edit and drop data object or objects outside your schema.

By the way, I used Oracle Enterprise Manager(stand alone).

I check the role under system schema and it has dba role by default.
    I also found that the SELECT ANY DICTIONARY is found under dba role.

I logged again using system/manager with normal role. And still cannot create object priviledge outside my schema.

I also tried to logged using sys/change_on_install as sysdba role. Same error occures.

A)what do you think guys is the problem? How can system have priviledge to modify object priviledges of other schemas?

B) I just installed the database first time and the password was not change during installation. What could be the problem? Is system/manager had no rights by default in modifying object priviledge of other schemas. By the way, I can create roles but when I tried to add object priviledges by selecting other tables not from my own, the above error occurs.

Hope u can help me based on my detailed explanation.

me-an

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    I suggest you try Reading & understanding This Fine Manual

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs...ntro.htm#43606
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Question Insufficient Priviledge.

Help....

Can anyone site an exact sample of what will I do in granting priviledges using system/manager.

me-an