Question anyone heard of this?

Hi folks,

just wanted to ask if anyone has had any experience with this site i came across the other day: www.centralsoftwareinc.com. they have an online tool for designing and building databases for SQL Server that i tried out, which i thought was kind of cool.

it's a graphical database designer similar to ERWin and other data modeling apps, except that the whole thing runs in a browser. basically you just choose what objects, properties, and relationships you want, and then you can download a wizard that builds your db.

anyway, has anyone here had any experience with them, or anything similar?

thanks!

I've never heard of them. I like ERWin more everytime I use other tools. I would run this by any company you work for before using this tool. I don't like the idea of doing modeling online which means they have my data model. This is the property of the company you're modeling for.
    MeanOldDBA
    derrickleggett@hotmail.com
    When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.

The post looks like thinly disguised SPAM to me. That is one site I'll be avoiding.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

about the data model belonging to your employer, that's true. i hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the response.