Unanswered: Display Subform Record Number

OK Folks, i need to do an ability to number the subform records as they are entered into the subform with a textbox. I have a main form "frmdiario" and the subform "relat" with a couple of fields: Desc and relat. I want to add in an additional textbox and have this increment by 1 for each record entered into the subform. Of course, when the main form is moved to a new record the sub count starts over again.

this is driving me crazy

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by davidluz
    OK Folks, i need to do an ability to number the subform records as they are entered into the subform with a textbox. I have a main form "frmdiario" and the subform "relat" with a couple of fields: Desc and relat. I want to add in an additional textbox and have this increment by 1 for each record entered into the subform. Of course, when the main form is moved to a new record the sub count starts over again.

this is driving me crazy

Thank You
    Have your textbox bind to an autonumber column ... Oh, and make it locked.
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Although on second thought ... Since you want to start over, why not make a global function that just spits out a number that you grab on your form_activate event of the subform ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

i think the autonumber doesn´t apply to this case.

how can i do this "global function that just spits out a number that you grab on your form_activate event of the subform ..."???

i´m quite newbie working with access!