Unanswered: Ora01031: insufficient priviledges appears on Oracle Enterprise Manager

I logged in as system/manager in oracle enterprise manager in Windows 2000.

I tried to create a new role and under the object priviledges I tried to select DELETE on one existing table.

The error above appears.

Please help me on this. I just created a new database manually using enterprise manager. Why is it I have no permission to create an object priviledges in different schema. Is something wrong with the system/manager priviledges.

If you have time please email me at mccatabian@capwire.com
    Any help will do.

Me-an

System/manager does have carte blanche system privileges but that does not mean that they have carte blanche object privileges. If the owner of the table grants System the admin privilege then you will find that he can then grant the necessary privileges to other users.

You must be using 8i database.

In 8i, you must be logged on as the owner of the object to grant permissions on objects.

This changes in 9i database. In 9i, you can grant access to other schema objects as DBA.

Quote Originally Posted by mean2229
    I logged in as system/manager in oracle enterprise manager in Windows 2000.

I tried to create a new role and under the object priviledges I tried to select DELETE on one existing table.

The error above appears.

Please help me on this. I just created a new database manually using enterprise manager. Why is it I have no permission to create an object priviledges in different schema. Is something wrong with the system/manager priviledges.

If you have time please email me at mccatabian@capwire.com
    Any help will do.

Me-an
    Hi
    I am using oracle enterprise manager 9i, i tried to access a database using SYS id via my own pc (which has an OEM client installed) but I got the ora-01031 insufficient privileges.

However, i can access it if i goto the server directly. May i know what's the problem? Is this due to the remote_login parameter?

BR..Joyce