Unanswered: conditional formatting: syntax problem

Hallo i'm stuck on a stupid problem. I write this code in the conditional formatting area but it doesn't work. It tells me that there is a syntax mistake. Don't know what it is: quotes, comma? please enlighten my stupid brain

thanks

DCount("[Org_Longname]", "tbl_Organization", "Org_Longname='" & Me![txt_Longname] & '")>1

Provided Answers: 1
    I am not sure where the conditional formating area is (it's a new one to me) but I think you have missed out a quatation mark after Me![txt_Longname] & !?

ie should be

DCount("[Org_Longname]", "tbl_Organization", "Org_Longname='" & Me![txt_Longname] & "'")>1

Hope this helps (but in is not normally as simple as this ?).

MTB

thanks mikethebike,
    obviously there were more than one mistake because it's still insisting on the syntax error...

the last attempt i used this:
    DCount("[Org_Longname]", "tbl_Organization", "Org_Longname='" & Me![txt_Longname] & "'")>1

Hi Davide77

You have not indicated what you are rying to achieve with this statement ie what context.

I assume this is part of and IF statment or some statament that evaluates as a logical result !?

MTB

The aim is to highlight the backcolor of a txt field in a continuous form when it is duplicate. The expression in itself is not part of something else: it counts if how many time there is the content of a field. I'm using it in the conditional formatting so, as far as I know, you don't need to programatically give any extra information than the criteria.

As I indicated before I do not know where conditional formatting is applied in ACCESS(97), so I cannot help/comment further.

Sorry

MTB

Ok, mike, thanks anyway