Unanswered: AIX version/AIX path question

In AIX 4.3.3 the following path works:

C:\ABC\DEF\bin\..\GHI\, where the 'bin' directory does not exists. But the '..' after the bin directory cancels it out.

My question is whether this path would work in AIX 5.1, when the 'bin' directory does not exist.

Also, is there a way to find out what AIX version DB2 is running in.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vmlal
    In AIX 4.3.3 the following path works:

C:\ABC\DEF\bin\..\GHI\, where the 'bin' directory does not exists. But the '..' after the bin directory cancels it out.

My question is whether this path would work in AIX 5.1, when the 'bin' directory does not exist.

Also, is there a way to find out what AIX version DB2 is running in.

Thanks
    C:\ ? AIX? Am I missing something here?

Is this for a container path or something? Why would you want to do this?
    --
    Jonathan Petruk
    DB2 Database Consultant

Angry

Well, a table on DB2 running on an AIX 4.3.3 server pointed to a path for example 'C:\ABC\EF\bin\..\GF\'. The 'bin' directory did not exist, but in AIX 4.3.3 the path worked fine becuase of the '\..\' (which cancelled the 'bin' dir).

In AIX 5.1, the table was unable to load since the 'bin' directory did not exist. Now I was wondering if I created a 'bin' directory, would the table work fine?... Which i tired and it worked! but I have to prove that in AIX 4.3.3, a path that does not exists (such as one given: 'C:\ABC\EF\bin\..\GF\'), works all the time.

It's hard to explain this.

Well, a table on DB2 running on an AIX 4.3.3 server pointed to a path for example 'C:\ABC\EF\bin\..\GF\'. The 'bin' directory did not exist, but in AIX 4.3.3 the path worked fine becuase of the '\..\' (which cancelled the 'bin' dir).

In AIX 5.1, the table was unable to load since the 'bin' directory did not exist. Now I was wondering if I created a 'bin' directory, would the table work fine?... Which i tired and it worked! but I have to prove that in AIX 4.3.3, a path that does not exists (such as one given: 'C:\ABC\EF\bin\..\GF\'), works all the time.

It's hard to explain this.
    It could be a db2 issue in a way, I remember they changed some of the path processing logic in a fixpack along the way... I think it used to just look at the whole path, but now it parses each element? Either that or the other way around.

(My confusion is the C:\ - that's a Windows path, not AIX/UNIX)
    --
    Jonathan Petruk
    DB2 Database Consultant

Exclamation

Is there some kind of documentation where I could confirm this different between AIX 4.3.3 and AIX 5.1?

PS:

Quote Originally Posted by J Petruk
    (My confusion is the C:\ - that's a Windows path, not AIX/UNIX)
    Sorry about the c:\

Is there some kind of documentation where I could confirm this different between AIX 4.3.3 and AIX 5.1?

PS:

Sorry about the c:\
    I'm still not 100% clear on what you are trying to do here... is this a db2 LOAD? I guess if we knew what command you were executing and then the actual error it'd be easier to get the bottom of.
    --
    Jonathan Petruk
    DB2 Database Consultant