Smile Unanswered: form or data access form

I'm trying to set up a form/data access form for users to update a database as changes are needed.

I have four tables (directory, reps, providers, district). The directory holds only the primary keys (ids) for each of the other three tables.

How do I or what is the best way to update the directory table via a form after the other tables have been edited or populated?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Talking form or data access form

Quote Originally Posted by aweise
    I'm trying to set up a form/data access form for users to update a database as changes are needed.

I have four tables (directory, reps, providers, district). The directory holds only the primary keys (ids) for each of the other three tables.

How do I or what is the best way to update the directory table via a form after the other tables have been edited or populated?

Your help is greatly appreciated!
    i think i understand what you're trying to do... i'm not exactly sure how to automate this task, but i may be able to help you with some of the logic:

Create a variable to contain the value you're putting into the directory table. try putting the value of what you're submitting into the variable(like variable1=combobox.value). then you'll need to do an sql insert statement i think. you could do it like this(make sure you declare "sql" and the variables):

sql=INSERT INTO table_name (columnname)
    VALUES (variable)

all of the code will have to be in the "onclick" event for the button.
    i think that should work. hope it made sense
    let me know if i didn't explain it good enough, or if that doesn't work

jacosta