Thread: Link tables

Unanswered: Link tables

Hi everyone,

I'm working with Access 2000. I'm creating a access database from scratch. I created 3 tables for it: One with Laptop data (e.g. model, serial#), one with Projector data (model & serial#), the third one is tracking info of persons.

This is how it should work: I want to look up a certain laptop and there shuold be a button. When I click on that button, it will pull up the third table with the tracking info, e.g. the person who is renting that laptop.

I created the 3 tables, and connected them with a one-to-many relationship. When I add a laptop and click on my button, it does pull up the tracking info table, but it's only an empty one. It is not associated with the serial number of the laptop.

Any ideas, how I can fix that? Enclosed my access work.

Thanks,

-Jane
    Attached Files Attached Files

You may want to look up normalization. Check out the document at the link provided below. I will look at your project when I get more time, but in the mean time I hope you will be able to use the document below.

Normalization Doc

Hope that helps,
    JS
    Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting
    The-Patriot.net by Patriot Designs

Hi Jane,

I just downloaded your file and will check it out this evening. Heading home right now so check back later on tonight or maybe tomorrow, I should have it fixed for you.

Bud

thanks,

could you find something out?

What you provided wasnt quite enough information for me, and you didnt even have a primary key in one of your tables. If you could use the normalization document I gave you... recreate this and then attach it again with a bit more sample data then I will re-downlaod it and see if I can help then.

I hope I can help,
    JS
    Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting
    The-Patriot.net by Patriot Designs