Angry Unanswered: Linked Excel Sheet

I have 2 linked excel sheets in a database. I append data from one sheet to the other. Then when I go to delete the data from the one sheet, I get an error message stating that deleting data in a linked table is not supported by this ISAM. Is there any way around this?

Why do you have them linked to the database and how? I think those two questions may more narrow down your search for an answer.

JS
    Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting
    The-Patriot.net by Patriot Designs

I use it for my company's imports. 1 excel sheet is for inbound shipments, and the other is for shipments that have arrived. People need access to that info, and most do not know access, but can use excel. I linked the spreadsheet rather than exported the data, is so that other users can make changes at the excel level that would update the database.

1. Import the spreadsheet you want to delete from into a table

2. Delete the records you want deleted

3. Export the table overwriting the existing spreadsheet.
    Use the TransferSpreadsheet command in a macro.

Quote Originally Posted by damiendad
    I use it for my company's imports. 1 excel sheet is for inbound shipments, and the other is for shipments that have arrived. People need access to that info, and most do not know access, but can use excel. I linked the spreadsheet rather than exported the data, is so that other users can make changes at the excel level that would update the database.
    I am guessing that those people that 'dont know access' couldnt use a little form? I just think that keeping that data in excel ruins the need for the database, unless you have the database doing more than linking excel sheets.

JS
    Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting
    The-Patriot.net by Patriot Designs