Unanswered: Problem in Exporting Data to Excel in VB

Hi,

I've developed a module to get data from SQL Server to ADO Recordset, then I'm associating that Recordset to Data Grid & also I'm exporting records from Recordset to Excel.

The problem is that when i use this module on Windows 98 Operating System, it hangs after 1000 rows(depends on conditions used in code) & says " Excel is not responding, plz switch to .....". If i run the same module on Windows 2000, it works fine evenif i export 50000 rows.

Plz help.

Thanks & Regards

Abadh

Here is a suggestion as I've had the same problem before. In my case it it usually occurs when I am running my VB application in design mode then try to click on the automated Excel application to see what happens. You can get around this error by making an executable of your VB app and also by hiding the Excel application that is automated to prevent you from switching to it and causing the hanging problem.
    http://www.scirocco.ca/images/banner...occobanner.gif

Download for FREE the ADO/DAO Data Controls that makes life EASIER developing database applications in: VB, FoxPro, Access, VC++, .NET etc... Navigate, Add New, Delete, Update, Search, Undo and Save your changes. Supports Disconnected Recordsets and Transactions!

Or try our Ask An Expert service to answer any of your questions!

Hi SCIROCCO'

I did Excel Application invisible after declaration of object & made it visible when Export is complete but still i'm getting "Switch to Error.........'. Is it bcz of OS 98 or other problem............

Plz help...........

Abadh