Thread: isolation level

Unanswered: isolation level

Is there any way to find the current isolation level of any database. I can change the current isolation level to any level by using cjhange isolation command. But how can I find the currenet isolation level?

No

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no way as of now by which we can know the current isolation level in DB2.

There has been a lot of discussion on this thread and I would advise you to search the archives for a lot of information on the same, especially posts from other members on this topic are really great.

Please also make it a habit for posting your database level, i mean version and fixpack and the Operating System with everypost. That will make it easier for everyone to get a better hang of your scenario.
    HTH

Nitin

Ask the experienced rather than the learned

I previously posted a list of various different ways that isolation level can be set in DB2. This was posted several months ago (or longer). Unfortuenately, I have heard that the search engine is not working very well since the last upgrade, but don't know if that is true.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

database is db2 ubd eee v 7.2 and os is aix version 5.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by manish21
    Is there any way to find the current isolation level of any database. I can change the current isolation level to any level by using cjhange isolation command. But how can I find the currenet isolation level?
    If this is JDBC, con.getTransactionIsolation() will do it.
    --
    Jonathan Petruk
    DB2 Database Consultant